By Nami Kim
Read or Download The Gendered Politics of the Korean Protestant Right: Hegemonic Masculinity (Asian Christianity in the Diaspora) PDF
Similar asian history books
This file examines longterm traits in chinese language army institutional improvement and assesses their affects upon the long run evolution of the People's Liberation military (PLA).
In Erik Mueggler's robust and innovative ethnography, a rural minority group within the mountains of Southwest China struggles to discover its position on the finish of a century of violence and on the margins of a geographical region. the following, humans describe the current age, starting with the nice jump Famine of 1958-1960 and carrying on with in the course of the Nineties, as "the age of untamed ghosts.
Partha Chatterjee is likely one of the world's maximum residing theorists at the political, cultural, and highbrow historical past of nationalism. starting within the Nineteen Eighties, his paintings, rather in the context of India, has served because the beginning for subaltern reviews, a space of scholarship he keeps to improve.
The quick improvement of Korean cinema in the course of the a long time of the Sixties and 2000s finds a dynamic cinematic historical past which runs parallel to the nation’s political, social, fiscal and cultural transformation in the course of those formative classes. This e-book examines the ways that South Korean cinema has gone through a change from an antiquated neighborhood within the Sixties right into a thriving overseas cinema within the twenty first century.
- Witch-Hunt and Conspiracy: The 'Ninja Case' in East Java
- Women and Confucianism in Choson Korea: New Perspectives
- Reigning the River: Urban Ecologies and Political Transformation in Kathmandu (New ecologies for the twenty-first century)
- China and Beyond by Victor H. Mair: A Collection of Essays
- History of the two Tartar Conquerors of China, including the two Journeys into Tartary of Father Ferdinand Verbiest in the Suite of the Emperor Kang-hi: ... Witsen (Hakluyt Society, First Series)
Extra resources for The Gendered Politics of the Korean Protestant Right: Hegemonic Masculinity (Asian Christianity in the Diaspora)
The Gendered Politics of the Korean Protestant Right: Hegemonic Masculinity (Asian Christianity in the Diaspora) by Nami Kim