By Ritu Gairola Khanduri
Read or Download Caricaturing Culture in India: Cartoons and History in the Modern World PDF
Best asian history books
This record examines longterm tendencies in chinese language army institutional improvement and assesses their affects upon the longer term evolution of the People's Liberation military (PLA).
In Erik Mueggler's strong and inventive ethnography, a rural minority neighborhood within the mountains of Southwest China struggles to discover its position on the finish of a century of violence and on the margins of a geographical region. the following, humans describe the current age, starting with the nice jump Famine of 1958-1960 and carrying on with in the course of the Nineties, as "the age of untamed ghosts.
Partha Chatterjee is among the world's maximum residing theorists at the political, cultural, and highbrow background of nationalism. starting within the Eighties, his paintings, fairly in the context of India, has served because the beginning for subaltern experiences, a space of scholarship he maintains to increase.
The quick improvement of Korean cinema in the course of the many years of the Nineteen Sixties and 2000s unearths a dynamic cinematic heritage which runs parallel to the nation’s political, social, monetary and cultural transformation in the course of those formative classes. This publication examines the ways that South Korean cinema has passed through a change from an antiquated neighborhood within the Sixties right into a thriving foreign cinema within the twenty first century.
- China's Rising Sea Power: The PLA Navy's Submarine Challenge (Asian Security Studies)
- Lai Su Thai: Essays in Honour of Professor E.H.S.Simmonds (Collected Papers in Oriental and African Studies)
- The Spectral Wound: Sexual Violence, Public Memories, and the Bangladesh War of 1971
- China's Accession to the World Trade Organization: National and International Perspectives
- Passages Through Pakistan: An American Girl's Journey of Faith
Extra resources for Caricaturing Culture in India: Cartoons and History in the Modern World
Caricaturing Culture in India: Cartoons and History in the Modern World by Ritu Gairola Khanduri